Sunday, January 5, 2014

Short. Sweet. Wet. Sticky. And a Kitty in the Window

Kitty in a Window  Fused Glass Sgraffito Drawing 5x7 Daily Paintworks Auction 


My post for today is going to be short and sweet, and wet and sticky.  More on that in a minute… 


Today, January 5, I am excited to have this lovely snowstorm blowing in tonight.  Everything is so beautiful and quiet outside, and it was a balmy 30 degrees all day. My studio is finally warm enough to be able to work in without a bunch of sweaters and boots on, and although the temps are supposed to drop to -17F tomorrow I am happy, because my big kiln is loaded with new artwork and warming up as I type. 


 (By the way, I am typing with both hands again, which makes it even better)So here is the wet and sticky part.


When I came in to do my computer work, my lovely husband brought in a nice glass of wine and some almonds for me.  He spent the entire day slaving away scrubbing and resealing grout with a toothbrush, and painting trim.  In comes my daughter (who is supposed to be in bed, but for some reason needs the stapler RIGHT NOW).  She reached for the stapler, and knocked over my nice glass of red wine right into my keyboard, my iPad, my new white Goodwill sweater that I love, and oh no… right onto the new grouted floor. OH Oh oh.


I can tell you that the stuff he got from Lowes to seal the floor worked like a charm and there is no trace of purple anywhere except my lap, which is still soaked. Happy ending to a nearly disastrous event. The new thing I will learn for today? How to change the keyboard back to english.  I must have hit something while I was drying the mess :ñ 

1 comment:

  1. You are not only a great artist, Kelly, but a great storyteller! Can't wait for more.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Linkwithin

You might also like